• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dog kills my dog

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

koskinovska

hi. my neighbours pit bull killed my little chitsu in my own yard.
the dog was taken away from them and given to their daughter who lives in another county, most likely because he is an ex cop.
now he has another large dog and is taking it out without a leash.
what can i do about this? i am afraid this dog will do exactly the same thing.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
the dog was taken away from them and given to their daughter who lives in another county, most likely because he is an ex cop.
What US state?

You can contact the police and animal control. You can keep your dog in your house, or fence your yard.

Just Blue

What happened with the Dog Control Case with your "chitsu"?

Last edited:

koskinovska

What US state?

You can contact the police and animal control. You can keep your dog in your house, or fence your yard.
ok. so i have to invest more money for him to not do the duties he has as a dog owner? would be cheaper to shoot that mofo....

LdiJ

In Ohio your dog needs to be contained or leashed. You cannot let your dog run free even if you say only in your yard. YOU need your dog contained. So fence your yard. And your attitude sucks.
Eh...people really love their pets and having them killed in such a manner is very traumatic. It tends to reason that they might get a little "over the top" about someone who gets another large dog and walks it off the leash.

Once upon a time I was a young woman who had a pet that died unexpectedly in a rather traumatic (for me at the time) way and I took it hard. About a year later a coworker of mine came up to me and told me that she owed me an apology. She said that she had made fun of me behind my back because I took my pet's death so hard. Her pet had just died, and she was taking it hard and realized that she had been an "insensitive jerk" (her words). I was greatly impressed that she made that effort to say that to me.

You would never tell someone who reacted over the top to the death of a family member that their "attitude sucks". You might remember that for some people a pet is just as much of a member of their family as anyone else.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Eh...people really love their pets and having them killed in such a manner is very traumatic. It tends to reason that they might get a little "over the top" about someone who gets another large dog and walks it off the leash.

Once upon a time I was a young woman who had a pet that died unexpectedly in a rather traumatic (for me at the time) way and I took it hard. About a year later a coworker of mine came up to me and told me that she owed me an apology. She said that she had made fun of me behind my back because I took my pet's death so hard. Her pet had just died, and she was taking it hard and realized that she had been an "insensitive jerk" (her words). I was greatly impressed that she made that effort to say that to me.

You would never tell someone who reacted over the top to the death of a family member that their "attitude sucks". You might remember that for some people a pet is just as much of a member of their family as anyone else.
I would if they were saying they would shoot the mofo as this OP did. That is what part of her attitude sucks. I can understand grieving a pet. But she also needs to understand that HER pet needs to be contained/leashed as well.

This is what sucks about her:
ok. so i have to invest more money for him to not do the duties he has as a dog owner? would be cheaper to shoot that mofo....
She seems to think she has no responsibility for the safety of her animals in her yard. The law disagrees. She does. They need leashed/contained.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">