• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dog sale gone bad

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lighthouse3204

What is the name of your state? NY
Hi i have a quick question..I took a 50.00 down payment on a puppy that i was selling .the buyer said he needed to get some money and he needed a day or two..he left a phone number. He never showed up or called and I called literally 15 times to the phone number that he gave me and no one ever answered and there was no voice mail either.I wanted to set up a time that he could pick up the dog.I even went so far as to call the person who referred him to us and left 2 voice messages for her to contact him and get back to me .I never recieved a phone call back.So on day three i had a buyer that would take the puppy right then and there. I had them wait a day in hopes that i would here from the original purchaser. After still not hearing back from the original buyer, i sold the puppy. the 1st buyer calls me tonight and is furious and says hes now taking me to court..I explained to him how many times i called and told him he could have the 50.00 back..he says no I want a puppy!!I tell him I dont have a puppy and offered to give him the number to someone who does have one and he hangs up on me. he states that hes been to my house twice and called too( he did not I have voice mail and caller id, even if he didnt leave a message, i would know he called ) does he have a case here?? i really tried hard to get ahold of this guy..and cant help that he chooses to just stop over whenever he pleases and not call..i have a life and am not home all the time.Should i just mail him a money order certified mail?? Am I wrong here? My only thought is if he had to save to buy a puppy how can he afford a lawyer to sue me?? what can he sue me for?? thanks for any advice ...

S

seniorjudge

lighthouse3204 said:
What is the name of your state? NY
Hi i have a quick question..I took a 50.00 down payment on a puppy that i was selling .the buyer said he needed to get some money and he needed a day or two..he left a phone number. He never showed up or called and I called literally 15 times to the phone number that he gave me and no one ever answered and there was no voice mail either.I wanted to set up a time that he could pick up the dog.I even went so far as to call the person who referred him to us and left 2 voice messages for her to contact him and get back to me .I never recieved a phone call back.So on day three i had a buyer that would take the puppy right then and there. I had them wait a day in hopes that i would here from the original purchaser. After still not hearing back from the original buyer, i sold the puppy. the 1st buyer calls me tonight and is furious and says hes now taking me to court..I explained to him how many times i called and told him he could have the 50.00 back..he says no I want a puppy!!I tell him I dont have a puppy and offered to give him the number to someone who does have one and he hangs up on me. he states that hes been to my house twice and called too( he did not I have voice mail and caller id, even if he didnt leave a message, i would know he called ) does he have a case here?? i really tried hard to get ahold of this guy..and cant help that he chooses to just stop over whenever he pleases and not call..i have a life and am not home all the time.Should i just mail him a money order certified mail?? Am I wrong here? My only thought is if he had to save to buy a puppy how can he afford a lawyer to sue me?? what can he sue me for?? thanks for any advice ...

Give him his $50 back and tell him to bite rocks. He has no case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">