• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Doggie dilemma

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mad Mama1

My ex give our son a dog as a gift. We couldn't have the dog where we live our landlord will not allow a dog. Well, he said he would keep the dog until we could take her. I just found out that he sold the dog and did not pass any of the money to my son. The dogs value is between $2000 & $2500.
My son wants some of them money since it was his dog. He is claiming since the dog was a gift he doesn't have to give him any proceeds from the sale. Can we sue him? He lives in Utah we live in Montana.

quincy

My ex give our son a dog as a gift. We couldn't have the dog where we live our landlord will not allow a dog. Well, he said he would keep the dog until we could take her. I just found out that he sold the dog and did not pass any of the money to my son. The dogs value is between $2000 & $2500.
My son wants some of them money since it was his dog. He is claiming since the dog was a gift he doesn't have to give him any proceeds from the sale. Can we sue him? He lives in Utah we live in Montana.
Your ex took the dog back because you could not keep it where you live. The gift to your son was not a gift of money. I do not see any good reason for your son to sue his dad.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">