• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dont know who to sue in civil suit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jenlee

What is the name of your state?Texas
I was wondering if anyone could help. I am a locksmith and was written a bad check. I went to a house and made a key for a car. the mother was the only one there and signed the invoice for the work. the car is her daughters. but the bad check is from the daughters ex boyfriend. The daughter is now saying she stole the check from the boyfriend. i called the police and they said it is a civil matter . nothing they can do.so who do i go after. the mother for signing the invoice? It cost 87 dollars to file so i want to go after the right person. The justice of the peace clerk had no idea and told me to ask a lawyer. i decided to try hear. any ideas
thanks
jennifer

JETX

jenlee said:
What is the name of your state?Texas
I was wondering if anyone could help. I am a locksmith and was written a bad check. I went to a house and made a key for a car. the mother was the only one there and signed the invoice for the work. the car is her daughters. but the bad check is from the daughters ex boyfriend. The daughter is now saying she stole the check from the boyfriend. i called the police and they said it is a civil matter . nothing they can do.so who do i go after. the mother for signing the invoice? It cost 87 dollars to file so i want to go after the right person. The justice of the peace clerk had no idea and told me to ask a lawyer. i decided to try hear. any ideas
thanks
jennifer
In a case like this where each persons defense will likely be to try to point at another.... your best bet is to sue them all.
Oh, and change your invoice to include a statement that the signer of the invoice is the liable party for any disputes or litigation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">