• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

down payment and financial ruin ---small claims court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MARTRIROD

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

I have a huge question. I have had the pleasure of getting defrauded. I was going to buy a house from one of my neighbors. I paid him 2972.00 for the down payment of the house in january. at this time we were renting our house. i told him that if we were not going to be qualified for the house that i needed the money back he said well it takes two weeks. I do not even believe that he ever submitted our application for the house because I never received any paper work ie(buyers contract, my credit reports etc...) so march rolled around mind you I have been evicted from my home. and he kept saying oh my check was in my po box once it clears i will give you the cash. on March 27th after I filed for 7000.00 in damages with small claims court he called me immediately to give me the 2972. he gave it to me and then told me two people would be filing a lein against for 1500.00 for the paperwork. Now I am stuck with an eviction and financial ruin. I still have the small claims still active. I do not know if I should try and still get him to pay the money he caused me or what I am legally able to do? please help. thanks

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

I have a huge question. I have had the pleasure of getting defrauded. I was going to buy a house from one of my neighbors. I paid him 2972.00 for the down payment of the house in january. at this time we were renting our house. i told him that if we were not going to be qualified for the house that i needed the money back he said well it takes two weeks. I do not even believe that he ever submitted our application for the house because I never received any paper work ie(buyers contract, my credit reports etc...) so march rolled around mind you I have been evicted from my home. and he kept saying oh my check was in my po box once it clears i will give you the cash. on March 27th after I filed for 7000.00 in damages with small claims court he called me immediately to give me the 2972. he gave it to me and then told me two people would be filing a lein against for 1500.00 for the paperwork. Now I am stuck with an eviction and financial ruin. I still have the small claims still active. I do not know if I should try and still get him to pay the money he caused me or what I am legally able to do? please help. thanks
Why would you sue him for $7,000?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">