• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dry cleaner

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

herawati

Hi Mililani,

I need your advice since you been thru this and won.
Basically, I brought my sister in law's dress to the dry cleaner and she ruined some of the flower. I went back and she said it is because of the material. I told her if you told me before then I wouldn't asked you to dry clean it especially it's not my dress. She said there is no way she can check everyone's clothes in detail and she doesn't know it too it will be ruined until now. She wouldn't want to pay for the dress because it's not her responsibility. She pointed out one page rules that was behind her counter which I can barely see where the customer usuallly stand. She didn't tell me about those rules before. Do you think I have the chance to win if I bring it to the small claim court? My sis in law bought the dress a couple of years ago in HK and she paid about US 350 dollars and she wore it only once. She still has the receipt but since she bought 2 dresses, it's hard to pin point which price for which dress.

Any advice you and the rest of the people who see this msg, I greatly appreciate it.

Thx

Last edited by a moderator:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">