• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dry cleaners lost my suit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Raffman

What is the name of your state? New York

I recently picked up my suit from the dry cleaners and noticed that the wrong pair of pants were with the suit. I returned the suit to the dry cleaners and they said that they will try to find my pants. It is now two weeks later, the manager "Sal" is apparently never in or avoiding me. what is the drycleaners liability? Must they pay me for my entire suit or just the pants? someone pointed out to me that on the back of the pick up ticket,in small letters, it says that they are only responsible for up to ten times the amount they charge to clean it, is that a binding contract? I'm sure that this is a common question, but no one I ask seems to know.What is the name of your state?

seniorjudge

Q: someone pointed out to me that on the back of the pick up ticket,in small letters, it says that they are only responsible for up to ten times the amount they charge to clean it, is that a binding contract?

A: Yes.

By the way, did it also say on that ticket that if you caused problems, that Sal would send Cousin Vinnie over to your place to 'splain stuff?

xylene

You could do a few things:

Wrack up big legal bills as a form of punishment for the dry cleaner by using a bunch circus tricks that make a mockery of justice - like a certain legal professional... :rolleyes:

Complain and get the refund.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">