• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

E-Bay fraud / scam ..what can I do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Hueby

What is the name of your state? MO

Hi everyone!

I found a car part on EBay and I contacted the seller about it. He ended the bid early, and I was sent a (now I know it's fake) transaction/payment e-mail explaining I was protected and how to pay, etc. After sending payment, $1500.00, through Moneygram I have not heard anything from the seller. I was scammed.

The seller is located in the United Kingdom, or atleast his contact information says so....

I am located in the St. Louis, MO USA area. I have filed a internet fraud claim, and with E-Bay, BUT I'm not expecting anything to come out of it.

I was wondering if I can file a small claims somehow (even though he is "overseas", or do something? What are my options, if any???

I do have all e-mails, receipts, etc. for evidence... I have a bad feeling there isn't much I can do.

racer72

Hope you gave the money some lovin' before you sent it because you might as well kiss it goodbye. You will have to go to England for any legal remedies.

Hueby

:( I was afraid of that......... well, one of life's expensive lessons I guess. Thanks for the straight forward answer!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">