• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

earnst money and harassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pacer6767

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? north dakota

i have recently gotten a judgement against a contactor that took my 1/2 down money and basically ran away. i did get a judgement against him in small claims court. My question is, is it harassment to still personally try to collect the monies he took from me.?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? north dakota

i have recently gotten a judgement against a contactor that took my 1/2 down money and basically ran away. i did get a judgement against him in small claims court. My question is, is it harassment to still personally try to collect the monies he took from me.?
You will HAVE to personally collect. The court doesn't do that for you.

Do you have information on any required bond the contractor may have? Was it a licensed contractor?

John_DFW

You will HAVE to personally collect. The court doesn't do that for you.

Do you have information on any required bond the contractor may have? Was it a licensed contractor?

The sheriffs can collect for you, after the court grants a writ of execution. Not the only way to collect, but one way.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">