• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ebay Auction

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Chyanne

I live in Washington, D.C. I (seller) sold an item on eBay Dec. 06. The Buyer, who resides in Kentucky, has been giving me the run around. She has failed to return the item (digital camera) I sold her. She first claim with Paypal stating I never mailed the item out. I have proof of that and I've given that information to Paypal. As a result, she (buyer) has a $680.00 item for free. She claims she's mailed it back to me and I have yet to receive it. Now the item supposedly have gotten damged in the mail. I have photos she has sent me showing proof that she indeed has the item. I have emails from her stating that she does have it. My question is where do I file a claim? Do I file a claim in D.C. or Kentucky?
Paypal sent me to collections and I had to pay the $680.00 back to them. Right now she has a free item. I'm upset and this has put a damper on my eBay reputation and profits. I haven't been unable to sell as a result of this for two months.

JETX

where do I file a claim? Do I file a claim in D.C. or Kentucky?
File wherever you want. If you file in your court (DC), the defendant can file a motion to dismiss and you would have to convince the court that the court does have jurisdiction. Or if the defendant doesn't challenge and allows you to get a default against her.... you will then have to domesticate your DC judgment into her state to try to enforce it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">