• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

eBay Camera

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nobody2121

I sold a collectable camera on ebay 3 years ago. 3 buyer was not happy and wanted his money back. He paid about $500 more than the very lowest, but $5000 less than the highest paying one auctioned.
I do NOT do refunds , or did he ask if I did refunds.
Now he has taken me to small claims, I have NO information on this camera at all. I can not pull anything up from eBay, the listing is to old. There was a case opened with eBay resolution and the case was ended and resolved! I do NOT have any paper work about this, it is all to old.
I am in California and he is in Washington.
What do I do? Court is this week.[/

Last edited:

FlyingRon

Ignore him unless you get served in California.
It's easier to threaten a lawsuit than to actually file one and especially to prevail...I suspect he's bumping up against the statute of limitations on this one anyway.

Antigone*

I sold a collectable camera on ebay 3 years ago. 3 buyer was not happy and wanted his money back. He paid about $500 more than the very lowest, but $5000 less than the highest paying one auctioned.
Now he wants to go to small claims, I have NO information on this at all. I can not pull anything up from eBay, the listing is to old.
What do I do?
Tell him to enjoy his camera.

nobody2121

Now he has taken me to small claims, I have NO information on this camera at all. I can not pull anything up from eBay, the listing is to old. There was a case opened with eBay resolution and the case was ended and resolved! I do NOT have any paper work about this, it is all to old.
What do I do? Court is this week.

nobody2121

My concern is that there is NO paper work available from ebay, even about the dispute. it is all expired and unavailable. I am going to court with nothing,ther than my word against his?

FlyingRon

My concern is that there is NO paper work available from ebay, even about the dispute. it is all expired and unavailable. I am going to court with nothing,ther than my word against his?
So?

1. He has to take you to court.
2. He has to show he bought the camera from you and
3. He has to show he has some cause of action other than that he is unhappy

If the representations made on ebay are unavailable to you they are unavailable to him.

BL

How was it resolved ?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">