• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ebay slander

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tmhman

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? pa
hi i won an auction for a car on ebay and the next day the seller contacted me and told me ebay had made a mistake and that he wanted more money i contacted ebay and was told there was no error on thier part i have a recored voice mail form the seller confirming his intention not to sell the car for the winning price and asking for more money i left negitive feedback for the seller and he responded by saying "HES A SCAM" in the feedback forum i feel i have been slandered and have asked for its removel and the seller has refused any thoughts?
thanks
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?pa

Last edited:

quincy

You could always contact an attorney for an opinion, however pursuing any action against this eBay seller would wind up costing you FAR more money than the extra money this seller was trying to get from you for the car. Defamation actions based on negative feedbacks tend not to be worth the time, trouble or expense.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
And, since sellers can only leave positive feedback, eBay has made it against policy to post negative feedback disguised as positive.

"Feedback comments containing any of the following are not permitted:

* Links or scripts
* References to eBay or PayPal investigations
* Negative statements left for a buyer that conflict with the positive rating
* Personally identifying information about another member, including real name, address, phone number, or email address
* Political, religious, or social commentary rather than a genuine comment about the transaction
* The comment, reply, or followup references a completely separate transaction or unrelated experience
* Profane, vulgar, obscene, or racist language, or adult material
* Inflammatory language, such as fraud, liar, cheater, scam artist, con man, while strongly discouraged, will not be removed unless found to be in violation of one of the above guidelines

Violations of this policy may result in a range of actions, including:

* Listing cancellation
* Limits on account privileges
* Account suspension
* Forfeit of eBay fees on cancelled listings
* Loss of PowerSeller status
* Feedback rating and/or comment removal "
Feedback Abuse

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">