• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Electrical problem

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

Amethyst007

What is the name of your state? New York

I had an electrical surge in my apartment that destroyed a lot of my electrical equipment. The electricians who were sent by my landlord told me that they believe it was an internal problem. I took my landlord to court, but I was told that I needed to subpeona the electricians to court to explain their written statement. However, their company will not reveal their last names to me. Is there any other way to hold my landlord accountable? :(

Last edited:

HomeGuru

Amethyst007 said:
What is the name of your state? New York

I had an electrical surge in my apartment that destroyed a lot of my electrical equipment. The electricians who were sent by my landlord told me that they believe it was an internal problem. I took my landlord to court, but I was told that I needed to subpeona the electricians to court to explain their written statement. However, their company will not reveal their last names to me. Is there any other way to hold my landlord accountable? :(
**A: hire an attorney to help you.

JETX

"However, their company will not reveal their last names to me."
*** Subpoena their records.

"Is there any other way to hold my landlord accountable?"
*** The only way is to show that the landlord is responsible. What do you think he did to cause the power surge??

Last edited:
A

Amethyst007

Granted, I'm not an electrician. I can only go by what the electricians who came to my apartment said. They told me that it was an internal problem. Also, the day before my equipment was damaged by the surge, my fax machine blew out. I told the super of the building about it. I also called management about it, and they did nothing. I feel that they are responsible, but I guess I will have to just cut my losses if I have to and purchase renters insurance as I was advised earlier. I definitely cannot afford a lawyer at this time. Hindsight is always 20/20.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">