• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

email valid evidence?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

asklaw

What is the name of your state? NYC

Is an email valid evidence in court? I have an email online from someone saying they will return a loan to me, how can i prove it is authentic, so I can use it in court? please respond and thank you.

You Are Guilty

asklaw said:
What is the name of your state? NYC

Is an email valid evidence in court? I have an email online from someone saying they will return a loan to me, how can i prove it is authentic, so I can use it in court? please respond and thank you.
Depends on what court you're in. If it's small claims, the rules of evidence are pretty liberal. But even there, email is tricky, as it's easy to fake. Your best bet may be to print them out, and try to trace the header back to the sender, to show that they originated where you claim they did.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">