• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Emotional distress from a Car accident..

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

leynadanelle

Michigan question..

I was in a car accident and the girl that was driving had no car insurance. I fractured my c4 and c5 in my spine, spent 8 weeks in a wheelchair, and from the accident received Myofascial Pain Syndrome: which cuts off the nerves in my legs and causes extreme pain. This is a condition that i might grow out of, or i might not, it's too soon to tell.

While the state will cover the cost of my medical bills, can i sue the girl that was driving for emotional distress or anything? She has not once contacted me, she lied to me abut having insurance in the first place, and she left me with a back-up of bills, i had to drop my classes in college while i healed, and so on..

is this possible, and if so, do i go thru small claims court to do it? What are the forms i would need?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

You Are Guilty

With those injuries, you should have no trouble finding a lawyer to talk about a potential case with. This is not something you're going to want to approach on your own.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">