• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Engagement ring not returned

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jeannean8201

Alabama- I was recentley engaged. My ex-fiance and I opened an account with Kay Jewelers. He agreed to pay the bill for the rings but he ended up breaking up with me. My problem is I am the primary account holder and he is the cosigner on this account. when signing up for the Kay's card the sale lady said she would send the bill to his address instead of mine. In order to avoid having to pay for rings and the late fees incurred the call center made a deal if we returned both the engagement ring and the wedding band then there would be no charges. I returned the more engagement ring(estimated cost of $3,200). I notified him to return the wedding band (estimated cost $700) he said he would but never did. When I questioned him where the ring was he said he gave it to his new B!*^$. I was furious now we have come to agreement that he would pay every month but he keeps failing to. Am I at fault and what do I do to get this credit debt paid.

JETX

Am I at fault and what do I do to get this credit debt paid.
Fault has nothing to do with this.
Your co-signed the agreement and are equally liable.
Your only option is to pay off the debt and then sue him for your damages (his debt that you paid).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">