• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Equipment Missing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

swampfox1994

What is the name of your state? LA

As a business owner, I rented a building for eleven years. Roughly ten years ago I replaced the AC unit and existing TV. Recently I sold the business, and stoped leasing the location. I am being sued in small claims court for the new cost of the AC units. I do not have the old AC or tv, what if anything should I have to pay.

H

hexeliebe

Did you take the A/C and TV with you when you sold the business and moved?

S

swampfox1994

Yes, I took the new equipment that I purchased ten years ago. I did not keep the old air conditioner and television I replaced.

H

hexeliebe

Now what is the answer to your question?

I think you know, both morally and legally.

S

swampfox1994

The reason I replaced the units was because they no longer worked. Are you saying I should have to pay the original model price, a comparable model replacement price, or a depreciated amount.

H

hexeliebe

I am saying that you acted unilaterally without permission to replace units that did not belong to you and therefore you should take the units (both A/C and Television) back to the shop or give them to the owner of the building.

Either that, or find the old units and give them back.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">