• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Evictions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

renekeny

What is the name of your state? FL

I moved in with my mother in law to save money for a home. Under my husband's direction, we did not sign a lease with her but gave a verbal agreement to stay for 6 months. After 2 weeks of living there my mother in law was evicted which was a surpise to me and my husband. However, the landlords changed the locks. Our belongings have been locked in the home for more than 8 weeks. We are not on the best terms with my mother in law and are trying to find out how we can get our belonging. We have tried to contact the landlord and plea our case but reponded by saying you were not on the lease and should not have been in the home. We were not aware of this, assuming my mother in law took care of this before we made the agreement. Me and my husband have recently closed on a new home and have nothing to put in it. Could someone give us some advice or direction in getting our belonging and moving ahead in our new home.

JETX

renekeny said:
Could someone give us some advice or direction in getting our belonging and moving ahead in our new home.
Yep. Have your husband sue his mother for her NEGLIGENCE, causing you to lose your property.
The landlord has NO obligation to deal with you at all....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">