• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ex bf owes me money

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sunshine2214

I owend a house with my boyfriend of the time. He took out a line of credit of $70k to start a new business. (My name was not on the business) We ended up going our separate ways and sold the house. Since the line of credit needed to be paid off when we sold, it was agreed he would pay me half of what was borrowed once he sold the business. It has been 3 years later and only has made a few payments to me. We had no written agreement, but he did acknowledge he owes me this money. Any time I ask him for money now, his response is "take me to court" Since I have no written documentation am I totally screwed?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I owend a house with my boyfriend of the time. He took out a line of credit of $70k to start a new business. (My name was not on the business) We ended up going our separate ways and sold the house. Since the line of credit needed to be paid off when we sold, it was agreed he would pay me half of what was borrowed once he sold the business. It has been 3 years later and only has made a few payments to me. We had no written agreement, but he did acknowledge he owes me this money. Any time I ask him for money now, his response is "take me to court" Since I have no written documentation am I totally screwed?
What state?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">