• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ex boyfriend owes me money

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Hermione101

Been back and forth with a guy for 4 years and I'm done. We never lived together but he has a few things at his house such as my two mountain bikes and baseball glove. I asked him for them back and he refuses to answer and then blocked me from his phone and facebook and email. Also over the past 4 years he owes me $7000.00 from different amounts here and there. I have some receits of things and bank transfers and some text messages that he owes me the money but not sure if any of that'll help. Should I take him to small claims? Is there a way I can go over with a police or something and get my belongings without getting ahold of him?

single317dad

Been back and forth with a guy for 4 years and I'm done. We never lived together but he has a few things at his house such as my two mountain bikes and baseball glove. I asked him for them back and he refuses to answer and then blocked me from his phone and facebook and email. Also over the past 4 years he owes me $7000.00 from different amounts here and there. I have some receits of things and bank transfers and some text messages that he owes me the money but not sure if any of that'll help. Should I take him to small claims? Is there a way I can go over with a police or something and get my belongings without getting ahold of him?
The police won't want to get involved in your civil dispute. Sue him for any amounts you believe he owes you, and the value of any items you believe he wrongly possesses. Unless you have something in writing or can get him to admit in court that he owes you the money, you'll find collection difficult.

quincy

What is the name of your state, Hermione101?

We can provide you with some small claims court information but I agree with FlyingRon that it could be very difficult to prove this fellow owes you money, and even more difficult to collect the money if you happen to win a suit against him.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">