• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex Burned all Belongings

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

XLuftblasenX

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

Ok, so I recently broke up with my boyfriend and to get back at me he decided to burn all my belongings. Including my birth certificate, social security card, pay stubs, and many very sentimental things that can not be replaced.
He also has been harrasing me; calling me 5-20 times a day, calling my ex employer trying to get me fired, coming up to my old work, calling my friends and family members, ect.
Also now he is claiming that I broke into his house and stole some of his stuff which I definitely did not do and have an alibi when ever he thinks I did this...

Last but not least he is claiming that he is going to get a restraining order against me for our son, which makes no sense because neither of us are the legal guardians (he is adopted out).

So I was basically just wondering what kind of legal actions I can take against him to make him just stop!! All I am trying to do is get my life back together, and he is making it pretty hard...

I'm open to all advice and hope to hear from someone soon!
Thanks and have a great day

cosine

Ok, so I recently broke up with my boyfriend and to get back at me he decided to burn all my belongings. Including my birth certificate, social security card, pay stubs, and many very sentimental things that can not be replaced.
How is it he came into possession of the objects he burned? Did you leave them in his custody? Or did he come take them from you?

xylene

What has the police said?

Calling your place of employment to 'get you fired' is very well likely criminal harassment (at the least)

Get a lawyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">