• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex was a complete fraud.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Sage W

ARIZONA
I recently left my Ex because I found she had been using me for my money.
Not just in the normal way that a girl uses her boyfriend for lunch money, but in a way where she had been using money from my bank account.
Either way, she had been cheating on me, and laughing about it for quite some time.
But she was a very good actor. Blinded by love, I had spent a fair amount of money on her, but then I found numerous posts she had made online comparing herself to a “prostitute” and that she was using me for my money, bragging about it, and seeing people on the side, and that she never was interested in me for anything but my wallet from the start.
Later, when I asked her to give me my things back, she admitted she had not cared for me from the beginning, and basicly said "so what are you gonna do about it?" I have it all in Email form.

Is there any legal action I can take to get back the stuff I paid for, since the whole thing was based on fraud and a lie to begin with?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
ARIZONA
Not just in the normal way that a girl uses her boyfriend for lunch money, but in a way where she had been using money from my bank account.
Either way, she had been cheating on me, and laughing about it for quite some time.
But she was a very good actor. Blinded by love, I had spent a fair amount of money on her, but then I found numerous posts she had made online comparing herself to a “prostitute” and that she was using me for my money, bragging about it, and seeing people on the side, and that she never was interested in me for anything but my wallet from the start.
Later, when I asked her to give me my things back, she admitted she had not cared for me from the beginning, and basicly said "so what are you gonna do about it?" I have it all in Email form.

Is there any legal action I can take to get back the stuff I paid for, since the whole thing was based on fraud and a lie to begin with?
You have no case - you can't take back gifts such as you made.

sandyclaus

ARIZONA

Welcome to the real world.

Money won't buy you love, and you had to find this out the hard way. You tried to buy her continued affection, and she played you like a fool.

You can't get back the gifts you gave her. They are only legally reimbursable if you have solid evidence that she agreed to pay you back for them.

As for the money in your bank account, surely you had to know your money was going SOMEWHERE, and when you realized it was her that was taking it and did nothing about it, it shows you condoned her actions.

Chalk it all up to an expensive life lesson and move on. It's the best you can hope for.

Antigone*

ARIZONA

Why do I get a "Jerry Springer" feeling about this one?

bruceli

Depends on if she has anything to get back or attach to and also on the judge. Just went through a simular situation and just received a check from my formers bank after garnishing her account.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">