• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

EX forges Signiture

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kmwiles

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Tennessee
I have a question about my soon-to-be-ex husband forging my signiture on the stimulus check sent to us from the government. We had been seperated for nearly 5 months when he got this check and admitted to signing my name on the check and depositing it into his bank account. I had already spoken with an attorney and filling out the divorce papers when he got that check. He claimed to have spoken to an attorney and the attorney advised that it would be okay for him to sign my name on that check since we were not legally divorced yet. I contacted the IRS for advice and they said it was a civil matter between him and myself. Is it not illegal to forge a signiture on anything without permission no matter who it is? Any advice would be helpful. Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">