• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex-friend trying to reclaim gifts.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

keniption

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona

I need your advice. I have a now ex friend that bought me a few things (tv, console, vita) almost two years ago. This dude was pretty well off but a bit on the edge mentally. He has a crazy gf also. Well he got kicked out on the streets about 6 months ago. I opened up my home to him. To speed things up he ended up getting back together with his girlfriend after what she did. He grew distant from me and started bashing all of my friends on FB. I told him I didn't want to deal with the stupid drama and didn't want anything to do with him. That was two days ago.

Tonight I get a message from his GF.

[GF] Since you have a ps4 now and you arent friends with him anymore. And the **** that i am. I would like to come pick up my tv and ps3. And all the stuff he bought you.

Because you are no longer friends.

[Me] Lol you can go *** yourself

[GF] Nope. I need my stuff. Dont make me get legal and ****. I bought all the stuff on my card.

[Me] Legally you have no rights. Have fun wasting your money. You also just **** up by saying the "stuff he bought you" guess what I can bring that as proof. You admitted he bought it for me. Which he did.

[GF] Stuff he bought for you to use, ******** while you were friends. I dont need money to print out the info and call the cops to get it.

[Me] Have fun.

All of this stuff was bought as a gift for me almost two years ago. So really does she have much room to stand legally? It has all been in my house this whole time. However there's also a catch. He bought the items with her card. She acknowledge that they were gifts to me (Though how could one even prove this?). I've had the items for almost two years in my house. On another note he is a felon so she couldn't exactly claim he stole her card without putting him in a dire situation also right?

Sorry if this is the wrong board I've never had to deal with anything legally.

justalayman

If they were gifts, they were gifts. Only you and the ex friend know what it was.

To the gf: stop communicating with her. None of the stuff is hers regardless of it being purchase using her credit card.

If it was gifts, ignore her. If the stuff wasnt gifts, give it back to the guy.

The police won't care either way.

anearthw

Blowing smoke, cops won't care.

Crazy felon? Depends how crazy, you might want to consider re-gifting to get them out of your lives. That is entirely your decision however.

keniption

another story .....

trolls
People troll legal boards? I have the conversation saved as a pic. I included the story to make the situation clear. I also had wrote this for another board which it was first intended. I just thought this place would have better help.

eerelations

justalayman's advice is just about the best advice you're going to get anywhere. And he is most definitely not a troll.

I suspect BL meant your ex-friend and his GF are trolls.

justalayman

justalayman's advice is just about the best advice you're going to get anywhere. And he is most definitely not a troll.

I suspect BL meant your ex-friend and his GF are trolls.
You obviously have not seen the picture that some of the other regulars have seen.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">