• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ex live-in suing for items, does he have a case?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wiserwoman11

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia

I ended a 3 yr relationship in which I was sole provider for 2 years. I kicked him out of the house (that is in my name mortgage and deed) and kept a car that was also in my name( loan and registration). After getting his things the first time the cop came to evict him he was given 2 non-consecutive days to retrieve his property with cop present. Now he's suing in small claims court for tv, cold air intake (he put on my car) as well as a game console and "other things" (his words). He def gifted tv and console (got txt msgs), can he get intake back even if it is my car? I see it as he put it on my car so regardless of whether he drove it, the intake is a gift to enhance my car. Also are text messages permissable in court? Can I request a definition of "other things" that he wrote in the claim?

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia

I ended a 3 yr relationship in which I was sole provider for 2 years. I kicked him out of the house (that is in my name mortgage and deed) and kept a car that was also in my name( loan and registration). After getting his things the first time the cop came to evict him he was given 2 non-consecutive days to retrieve his property with cop present. Now he's suing in small claims court for tv, cold air intake (he put on my car) as well as a game console and "other things" (his words). He def gifted tv and console (got txt msgs), can he get intake back even if it is my car? I see it as he put it on my car so regardless of whether he drove it, the intake is a gift to enhance my car. Also are text messages permissable in court? Can I request a definition of "other things" that he wrote in the claim?

Yes, he might be able to get the air intake back.

Text messages can be admissible - if you follow the proper procedures.

Honestly, there's really no way of predicting how this would go.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Yes, he might be able to get the air intake back.

Text messages can be admissible - if you follow the proper procedures.

Honestly, there's really no way of predicting how this would go.
I don't see him being able to get the air intake back. She may have to pay him for it but it is a PIECE OF HER CAR now.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">