• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex-mother-in-law sues for inheiratance-

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Charles DeLong

What is the name of your state? Illinois

I am having a problem and I really need some help.Im involved in a small claims suit in which my ex-mother-in-law is suing me for $5,000.She says me and my Ex-wife(her daughter) owe her this money for loans that were never paid.I have no idea what shes talking about so I need to know how to get the information/evidence she has.So I can defend myself.I think its called a motion for discovery or motion to discover.Does anyone know what this looks like?Or what needs to be included in it if I write my own? I also need to know what a motion of sanctions is and how to file that because this is more of a harrassment suit.I recently received money because my mother passed away and she wants to get her hands on it.So I want to show the courts shes improperly using the legal system and get my money Ive already wasted in filing an appearance fee.Thank you for your help.

JETX

I suggest you get down to a large library or bookstore and try to find a book titled something like, "How to win in Small Claims Court". Though it is written for the plaintiff, the information should be the same for you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">