• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ex owes money

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

stupidmoose

What is the name of your state? South Carolina
i lent my ex-girlfriend a credit card and she bought about 1000 dollars worth of makeup. she is now refusing to pay the interest that has accumulated over the months. she owes me about 700 and says she will only pay 300.

S

stupidmoose

well i want to know what i can do...any ideas? i want to take her to court but i'm afraid it won't hold up because there was no written contract. i'm wondering if there is any court value to a verbal contract??

stephenk

"i lent my ex-girlfriend a credit card and she bought about 1000 dollars worth of makeup"

How ugly is she?

Has she paid any portion back to you? Have you exchanged emails or voicemessages to each other about her repaying the loan? Why is she saying she is only going to pay $300 of the $1000 bill? What was the agreement between both of you regarding the use of the card and paying off the balance?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">