• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex-roomate destroyed my property now asking for money

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dannsca

What is the name of your state? I'am from Norwood, Massachusetts

Well, recently I broke up with my domestic partner, so she moved out of the apartment, now she's asking for a paper signed by the landlord saying that she is out of the lease, my landlord says he can't do that, so I signed a paper where I exclude her of any responsability concerning the apartment, but there is more, we got a couch under her name, it is unpaid still ($800), I never signed for it, it was only a verbal agreement, also I got 2 cellphone lines under my name, but she signed as well, I have proof of it, but she got angry because of the slit that she broke the phone (the cost of it is $200), I haven't break the contract with the cellphone company because I dont have the $200 that is the cost for the cancellation, so insted I'm going to be stuck with 22 months of bill paying (each bill is $50.00, so at the end is $1100.00) because since the phone is broken nobody wants to takeover the account, plus she owes already a month of the phone bill. I tried to negociate with her, telling her that I am willing to pay $350.00 (the $800, minus the broken phone cost, the cancellation fee and the month she owes), she said that there's no way she is gonna agree with that and that I should pay the $800.00 in full. So then I told her to remove the couch out of y apartment, she again said no, that I would have to hire somebody and a truck to deliver it to her very living room.
On top of this I've been victim of physical and psycological violence, plus she has been harrasing me, I already changed my phone number twice during the last 2 weeks, now she started calling to my work phone, emailing me, text messaging, and this is non-stop, I have almost all her voicemails recorded, and track of every call and text message, now she treat me saying that she is gonna sue me and, started harrasing my new girlfriend saying that she is going to call INs on her, since she is a greencard holder I don't know if she can do anything to her, or to me, I'm very cared and I don't know what to do to get rid of this leech, any suggestions?
Danielle

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state? I'am from Norwood, Massachusetts

Well, recently I broke up with my domestic partner, so she moved out of the apartment, now she's asking for a paper signed by the landlord saying that she is out of the lease, my landlord says he can't do that, so I signed a paper where I exclude her of any responsability concerning the apartment, but there is more, we got a couch under her name, it is unpaid still ($800), I never signed for it, it was only a verbal agreement, also I got 2 cellphone lines under my name, but she signed as well, I have proof of it, but she got angry because of the slit that she broke the phone (the cost of it is $200), I haven't break the contract with the cellphone company because I dont have the $200 that is the cost for the cancellation, so insted I'm going to be stuck with 22 months of bill paying (each bill is $50.00, so at the end is $1100.00) because since the phone is broken nobody wants to takeover the account, plus she owes already a month of the phone bill. I tried to negociate with her, telling her that I am willing to pay $350.00 (the $800, minus the broken phone cost, the cancellation fee and the month she owes), she said that there's no way she is gonna agree with that and that I should pay the $800.00 in full. So then I told her to remove the couch out of y apartment, she again said no, that I would have to hire somebody and a truck to deliver it to her very living room.
On top of this I've been victim of physical and psycological violence, plus she has been harrasing me, I already changed my phone number twice during the last 2 weeks, now she started calling to my work phone, emailing me, text messaging, and this is non-stop, I have almost all her voicemails recorded, and track of every call and text message, now she treat me saying that she is gonna sue me and, started harrasing my new girlfriend saying that she is going to call INs on her, since she is a greencard holder I don't know if she can do anything to her, or to me, I'm very cared and I don't know what to do to get rid of this leech, any suggestions?
Danielle
**A: thanks for your soap opera type post. Hire an attorney and file a TRO.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">