• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex-Roommate is Suing me for a damaged computer.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dolphinkmd88

I moved in with two girls... *Betty and *Jami in May 2008 in the State of Nebraska.

Over the summer we did have mulitple parties.

They were slobs. I payed the bills and gave them the chance to pay me back because i knew that they didnt have the money. However, they did eventually get it all payed back.

I got fed up with it and was thinking about moving out. Me and Jami threw a party b4 college started. Jami texed Betty telling her we were goin to have a party.

Eventually Jami left the party. I was the only one there. Then my friend needed help. i left the party along with all of my friends. the only 2 people that were left in the house were Jamis 2 friends who were spending the night.

In the morning, Betty freaked out saying her computer was peed on and it wouldnt turn on. Later on she said me and Jami had to pay for it. i said no and moved out the next day.

We do not have any locks on our bedroom doors. and nobody was in there rooms while i was there.

Betty told me in a text that it would cost $700 to fix the computer and Jami already agreed to help pay for it.

Now...2 months later Betty is suing me for $800 for her computer in small claims court.
I am pretty sure Betty is trying to get me to pay for the whole thing so Jami doesnt have to.

If anyone can help me that would AMAZING. Or give me any advise on this case at all i would greatly appreciate it.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You must defend yourself in court. It sounds like she doesn't have a pot to pee in!

Antigone*

LOL...Betty didn't need the pot...her computer was the pot:D.

Where is SJ when we need him...he would probably tell you to tell Betty to "Bite Rocks".

bdtoepfer

Get you eggs in a row.

If you have wittnesses to back up your story. Get all info in writting, dated and signed.
Be prepaired for your court date. Bring you wittnesses to court. Maybe call the DA s office for some additional advice. Prove you case.

Antigone*

If you have wittnesses to back up your story. Get all info in writting, dated and signed.
Be prepaired for your court date. Bring you wittnesses to court. Maybe call the DA s office for some additional advice. Prove you case.
Um...help me out a little here... a District Attorney to give advice:confused: for a small claims case :confused: ... What are you smoking:eek:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">