• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex-Roommate won't pay what is owed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyndsey

What is the name of your state? Washington State
I let Kelsy Thayer move in with me at the end of December under the agreement she would pay $300.00 month in rent and 30% of all bills. So she paid all rent but I have been unable to get the money she owes me for the utility bill. In total she owes 223.00, will I ever see it? I am looking into taking her to small claims court, is this a good idea? I have been contacting her and trying to get this money since mid March. I moved out mid April and she has been avoiding me since. I finaly reached her today 5/25/06 and she stated that i would never get the money. I explained she could make payments and she could have all this time. She did not communicate anything with me. I have a powerbill ready to go to collection that I have been unable to pay the full amount on. I had all the expenses of moving and I have 3 children and was a single parent. Dad recently just moved into the home. This is a situation where I was helping out someone and in the end got screwed over. Is there anything I can do? Will I ever see this 223.00? Please help, Lyndsey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">