• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ex trying to sue me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

knnagel

wisconsin

when my ex and i broke up he left behind a bunch of his clothes. 2 weeks later i moved and since he had not gotten hs stuff i packed it up and stored it at my mom's. after about 3 weeks i told him he had one week to get his stuff out. one week and a day later he called to suggest i drop it off to his new girlfriend which i refused. then he suggested his friend come over at 11pm, which was too late for me. i said i would hang on to his stuff until the next day since he had the day off work. he never contacted me. a week later at my mother's request i threw away his stuff. now he wants to sue me for them. can he do this? i held on to his stuff for over a month, and he did not stop by once, and the only attempt he made was to have me drop them off, or have a friend stop over after i would have normally been asleep. i offered to meet him at a neutral location but he refused.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">