• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex trying to sue for money spent on me during relationship

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Pedie

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? KY
Can an ex sue over a dental bill they paid for 2 years ago? Then try to tack on random things like tattoos Ive done for free saying they look crappy? Im extremely tight on money & this person is I consider harassing me for money I dont have.

JETX

Can an ex sue over a dental bill they paid for 2 years ago? Then try to tack on random things like tattoos Ive done for free saying they look crappy? Im extremely tight on money & this person is I consider harassing me for money I dont have.
Almost anyone can sue almost anyone else claiming almost anything.

Yes, the ex can sue you... however, they would have to prove to the courts satisfaction that any assets given were a loan with a clear repayment agreement (verbal or written). And you will have the opportunity to present your defense before the court decides if the amounts were loans or gifts.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">