• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

EX-Wife owes me $ for trip has not paid

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lovingdaddy2

What is the name of your state? Arizona -
My ex-wife was court ordered to pay 1/2 of a court odered trip to establish contact with my daughter - She was to pay me in 60 days that was on the 29th of last month still no $ she owes me $337.11- Can I do I have to file a contempt against her Or can I put a lien on her bank account - If I try to garnish her wages she will quite her job and run like she has been running .

G

ghostwood

?

o.k, let me think about this for a sec....
Alright then, I get that your ex owes you money for the trip to establish contact with your child. What i dont get is the fact that the mother has a court order to pay your for that trip. Is this a control issue with you or a principal thing?. Pay what ever it takes to see your child, it looks better to the court when a parent holds no limits to what they will do for ther children within the guidlines of the law. however, smal claims court and a lien might be allowed in your state. Good luck...:rolleyes:

JETX

Send her a certified letter demanding payment. Include a copy of the court order, receipts, etc. to show your right to claim and the amount. Give her 10 days to respond.

If she doesn't, then you would need to go to small claims court or to the original family court.

A

azdadof4

she paid me some money

I have some good news she paid me a wopping 50.00 out of the 337.00 she owes me !!

JETX

keep a copy of the check. You might need it to support your claim of debt owed.... and you can also use it to get information in the event you need to seize her bank account.

L

lovingdaddy2

copy ofcheck

You bet ya we got a Notorized copy of her casher's check -- we where told not to file it yet to hold on to it until we get done with the "other" mess- And then bring it up in court - She was to have it paid IN FULL by 60 days of completion of trip its been since
July 1st well over her 60 days ! I will keep ya all posted

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">