• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Exboyfriend screwing me with bills

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

killerdaisy

What is the name of your state? South Carolina

I lived with my ex boyfriend for 4 years. All of the bills were in my name. When I moved out I called and had all utilities turned off and switched to his name. The phone company said they would transfer service to my ex. They have records that I called and requested it to be in his name. He said he called and gave them his information, which he lied and never did. The phone company has sent me a bill for $256 for 2 months worth of my ex using the phone. They even have records of dates and times for long distance calls to friends he made. I have an email from him claiming that he got a cell phone and never used the house phone or internet, even though I have proof from the company that he did use their service. I have a copy of my new lease proving that I moved out May 1st and shouldn't be responsible for the bill. I argued with the phone company, but they still want their money for services used. If I take my ex to small claims court do I have a good chance of winning?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">