• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Excess of toxic fumes, noise and vibration.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

FHD

I just purchased a house besides a bakery in north jersey. This bakery is in a corner “L shaped” lot that surrounds my house from the right and through the back. The first issue is excessive amount of smoke and fumes that this bakery produces. There are approximately 15 chimneys and vents in the roof of this bakery and this fumes end up blowing in the windows of my house because their pipes are no longer that a foot from their roof taking into account that the bakery is a one level. Even with the windows close we smell the fumes and smoke. Apparently this bakery started as a small store more than 20 years ago and it is obvious that the have added more equipment and so for trough out the years.

The second issue is the noise and vibration that their mixers, or whatever other equipment they have produce. This noise and vibration happens randomly trough out the day and night, and goes from a mild deep noise to a violent vibration.

I have gone there twice to speak to them with out any results. So I wrote a letter directed to the owner explaining the situation. In the latter I stated that I appreciate it a written response with the planned solutions with in two weeks of the letter’s date. If I don’t get any response with in two weeks I will complaint to the local authorities.

Besides the health concerns that I have for my family and myself this situation is taking away from the comfort of our new house and it is stressing us.

My questions are: what type of case do I have? Do I need a lawyer to take this case to the court and which court should I go? How can I precede from this point forward to take legal action, and to whom or how can I direct my complaints to resolve these issues?

JETX

FHD said:
what type of case do I have?
Against who?? You have no claim against the bakery as they were there when you bought. Simply, you had a due diligence to know WHAT you were buying.

Do I need a lawyer to take this case to the court and which court should I go?
See above.

How can I precede from this point forward to take legal action, and to whom or how can I direct my complaints to resolve these issues?
See above.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">