• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

exchange of wedding photography & services gone bad QUESTION

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rfox9

What is the name of your state? oregon

I am a professional wedding photographer who agreed to shoot a clients wedding last year for a significantly reduced price in exchange for web hosting and promoting services.

Well, guess what? She never performed the services. When I asked her to prove that she had done anything- she claimed she couldn't find my house to drop the materials off, and has never contacted me again. All I wanted was proof that she had done the work.

I told her either to give me proof that she performed the services, or give me the amount by which I had reduced my price.

I still have her photographs from the wedding. It has almost been a year. How long do I have to hold onto these things before I can get rid of them?

In my contract, she agreed to perform these services. I performed my job. She did not.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Sincerely,

Ryan Fox

JETX

Obviously, the KEY here is.... how is your contract worded as to the agreed amount to be paid.

If she has paid you the agreed amount stated in the contract, you might just send the photos to her. If you don't and dispose of the photos anyway, you could be making yourself liable for a lawsuit against you for breach.

You might also consider sending her a POLITE letter (certified RRR) detailing the situation. Unless your agreement says something about paying the full amount and then showing a credit for the services you describe, you can't just 'jack' the price up to the 'normal' amount.
Ask her to contact you within 14 days of reciept to arrange picking up her photographs, or you will dispose of them without recourse.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">