• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

exgirlfriend has pets

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cammzzz

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Utah
my ex has my pets we were living together i had to leave them until i got a place of my own now she refuses to give them back they were mine before start of relationship what can i do to get them back?

Last edited:

cammzzz

revision to post please read again

here is more she has them because i had to find a place to stay when we broke up she said she would take care of them now 5 wks later she refuses to let me have them said she would call the police and say i am stalking her all i want are my cats back she and i are done the police said they couldnt help me without a court order i have filed small claim against her waiting for court one of my cats has a urinary tract infection that could kill him my other is very old they need better care than what she can provide them she uses drugs - meth specifically what i want to know is this - is there any way i can get them before i go to court legally ? maybe a letter from my vet stating they need constant care ? how do i get the police to help me other than waiting the 2 months before my court date thanks cam

Hot Topic

You left your cats with your ex-girlfriend for five weeks? That's not a pet owner who's anxious to get them back.

There's no reason she would want to keep a cat that doesn't belong to her and has a UI unless she felt that the cat had it because YOU didn't take proper care of it.

You and she had a falling out, so I think you're bringing up drugs because it's a convenient weapon to use against her.

No, you can't get the cats back before the trial unless she suddenly decides to return them.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">