• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Explanation of dates...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bombay24

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MO

State: Missouri

I was served a summons for an alleged credit card debt that is overdue. I went through pretrial, answerd the summons and have now received interrogatories, request for admission, and request for production of documents. These items were postmarked the same day as the pretrial, however I did not receive them until several days later. I read in the Missouri RCPs that documents served via mail must add 3 additional days. My 30th day was yesterday. my question is, do I have until Saturday to get it postmarked or do I have until Saturday to get the documents in the attorney's hands? Or does Saturday even count in the additional 3 days? I was also wondering if my responses to these documents must be notarized? The documents they sent had a place for notary, but I have not read anywhere in the RCPs that states it is a requirement. I have been told by several people to contact the clerks office or an attorney to get these questions answered. I called the clerks office and the lady was not knowledgable so she basically pushed it back on me and told me to consult an attorney. This is not for a large amount, of money and I do not have the money to consult an attorney even if it was. Thanks in advance for your help!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">