• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex's Widow will not give my daughter her belongings from their home...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dorian74

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Wisconsin

My daughters father passed away in June. There was some ugly-ness between his widow and myself about my daughter. She refuses to give my daughter her things from their house, saying that the things belong to HER not my daughter. How do I go about taking her to court to get my daughter her things back?

Dorian

cyjeff

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Wisconsin

My daughters father passed away in June. There was some ugly-ness between his widow and myself about my daughter. She refuses to give my daughter her things from their house, saying that the things belong to HER not my daughter. How do I go about taking her to court to get my daughter her things back?

Dorian
What does the ex's will say about the objects in question?

dorian74

What does the ex's will say about the objects in question?
There was no will. He committed suicide. She had a room there for when she stayed on the weekends. She left several years worth of birthday and christmas gifts from her father there so she would have things there too.

cyjeff

There was no will. He committed suicide. She had a room there for when she stayed on the weekends. She left several years worth of birthday and christmas gifts from her father there so she would have things there too.
In the absence of a will, all of the property will revert to the surviving spouse.

However, there may be something to be done... QUICKLY... contact a lawyer tomorrow.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">