• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Failure to Answer Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

aratski

What is the name of your state? Utah

I have another question from my continuing saga to collect on a judgment. We were successful in obtaining a judgment against an individual who has continued, to this date, to try and hide from it. This individual is the registered agent of a corporation that is run by him and his wife. I had garnishment papers served on the business a couple weeks ago. He was the one that was served the papers. As of yesterday, the answers to the interrogatories had not been filed with the court. My question is, is there anything that I can do to get my money from him through wage garnishment? I have looked at the rules regarding garnishment, and what may happen if the garnishee fails to answer the interragotories, but I am still confused. The rules make it sound like I can only get back, from the garnishee, the amount of money it cost me to file the writ, and to have it served. But in the instructions to the garnishee, there is an explicit warning that if the answers are not filed within 5 business days, the creditor may request that the court order the garnishee to pay the amount it should have withheld. Does that mean the entire judgment, or just the amount that could’ve been garnished in one pay period?

Thanks for any help I can get.

BL

Why not ask the Court's Clerk ? they may be familiar with procedure to collect ?

Generally there are other options to collect a Judgment also, they should be able to give you at least some information on that.

Try a search How to collect a Judgment (in your state).

A

aratski

I know there are other options, but I am concentrating on this one right now. I did speak with the clerk, and she didn't give much information regarding this situation.

JETX

Please don't start a new thread everytime you ask a question. I know that I have already answered this one for you. When I went to look at the records, I found that you have started FOUR different threads all on how to collect your judgment!!

So, keep them all together and you might just be able to get some specific help. If you keep shotgunning them all over, you will be forever lost.

A

aratski

Thanks.

I don't mean to be rude, but I don't know what you are talking about. Yes, I do start a new thread when I have a new question, but I believe they are all on different topics. I did a search as well, and this is the only thread I have started that deals with collecting my judgment. I know of the ways to collect, but I would just like clarification from those that know how to interpret legal language to help.

A

aratski

Thanks again, but I am not going to argue with you. You may think what you want.

I am only trying to figure this situation out. I have searched the web to no avail. Could you give me your thoughts?

Thanks.

BL

Why don't you consider a Consult for a small fee with an attorney that deals with these issues ?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">