• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Failure to honor quoted pricing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michelle Clayto

Georgia is my state....

I have a situation that I need help with. I was diagnosed with breast cancer and had to leave my job. My husband was making all the bills. I was in the middle of 8 aggressive chemo treatments which were really going well. I felt I could {and needed} to also bring in $$$$ and help out with the mounting bills. I approached an apartment complex at a college during the turnover of students and asked if I could get the contract to do the cleaning of them. I was told to submit a quote, then I would be considered. I submitted one and 1-2 weeks later they called to have me start. This was a FAST PACED turnover...we cleaned 43 apartments in three weeks time...I kept up with the apartments they needed, when they had to have them ready, and had NO complaints as to the work we were doing. We were actually told they were extremely happy with our cleanin, and these college kids were some kind of nasty. (I forgot to say that I had to hire on my sister & daughter in order to keep up with the number of units they were giving.) I was told checks would be cut on the 15th each month. I turned in 2 invoices for the cleaning we had completed, both were shorted on payment. The total for both was around 500.00 I knew, this being the first time I had done this, and the treatments I was in the midst of (chemo confusion!) as well working to finish them 24/7, I failed to charge several apartments the correct amount. (Some were on a "per bedroom" price since more than 1 student may occupy each unit. My notes from the others helping me were also confusing.... So, after not being paid the amount I had submitted on the initial 2 invoices, I decided to compile a tally of all the apartments we cleaned, showing the bedrooms and baths of each and pricing it directly from my quote. This ended up with a total of over $500.00 still outstanding. There were no comments on either check I received saying paid in full. I submitted the revised total of all apartments and was told that I could not go back and change my prices and that what I submitted them for was what I was paid for. They are saying that some of the apartments sometimes are left in a very clean state and that the way this type of work goes is that you would then go 'under' your quoted price. First of all, we did not enter into one that was not a total roach infested mess!!!! My quote was accepted by them but not signed. I feel like I am being cheated out of my $$$$. I was never given any reason as to why either check was shorted, I think they just thought I would had made an error and would just let it go. But I had every intention of reveiwing the information as soon as I was finished with the jobs and the rush to complete the work was gone. I made no money off of the others who helped me and very little for the ones I did myself. I asked two other cleaners their prices and mine are actually 10-15 dollars lower per unit than theirs! DO I have a case?

Last edited:

Michelle Clayto

Georgia is my state....

I have a situation that I need help with. I was diagnosed with breast cancer and had to leave my job. My husband was making all the bills. I was in the middle of 8 aggressive chemo treatments which were really going well. I felt I could {and needed} to also bring in $$$$ and help out with the mounting bills. I approached an apartment complex at a college during the turnover of students and asked if I could get the contract to do the cleaning of them. I was told to submit a quote, then I would be considered. I submitted one and 1-2 weeks later they called to have me start. This was a FAST PACED turnover...we cleaned 43 apartments in three weeks time...I kept up with the apartments they needed, when they had to have them ready, and had NO complaints as to the work we were doing. We were actually told they were extremely happy with our cleanin, and these college kids were some kind of nasty. (I forgot to say that I had to hire on my sister & daughter in order to keep up with the number of units they were giving.) I was told checks would be cut on the 15th each month. I turned in 2 invoices for the cleaning we had completed, both were shorted on payment. The total for both was around 500.00 I knew, this being the first time I had done this, and the treatments I was in the midst of (chemo confusion!) as well working to finish them 24/7, I failed to charge several apartments the correct amount. (Some were on a "per bedroom" price since more than 1 student may occupy each unit. My notes from the others helping me were also confusing.... So, after not being paid the amount I had submitted on the initial 2 invoices, I decided to compile a tally of all the apartments we cleaned, showing the bedrooms and baths of each and pricing it directly from my quote. This ended up with a total of over $500.00 still outstanding. There were no comments on either check I received saying paid in full. I submitted the revised total of all apartments and was told that I could not go back and change my prices and that what I submitted them for was what I was paid for. They are saying that some of the apartments sometimes are left in a very clean state and that the way this type of work goes is that you would then go 'under' your quoted price. First of all, we did not enter into one that was not a total roach infested mess!!!! My quote was accepted by them but not signed. I feel like I am being cheated out of my $$$$. I was never given any reason as to why either check was shorted, I think they just thought I would had made an error and would just let it go. But I had every intention of reveiwing the information as soon as I was finished with the jobs and the rush to complete the work was gone. I made no money off of the others who helped me and very little for the ones I did myself. I asked two other cleaners their prices and mine are actually 10-15 dollars lower per unit than theirs! DO I have a case?[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">