• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fall out with parents, then am left with nothing.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Clongwell77

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Omaha, NE
My parents and I disagree on way too many things to be living under the same roof. I moved out. I have things like a TV couches tables etc that I purchased but have no receipt or proof. And the only thing I could take was 2 work shirts. Because I have no proof of purchase. I have over 3 closets full of clothes and now I have 2 days worth of work clothes and a thrift stire down the street from where I am staying now. My car I've paid 6 of the 10 thousand on but title in there name. Can I get anything back?

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Omaha, NE
My parents and I disagree on way too many things to be living under the same roof. I moved out. I have things like a TV couches tables etc that I purchased but have no receipt or proof. And the only thing I could take was 2 work shirts. Because I have no proof of purchase. I have over 3 closets full of clothes and now I have 2 days worth of work clothes and a thrift stire down the street from where I am staying now. My car I've paid 6 of the 10 thousand on but title in there name. Can I get anything back?
How old are you?

Clongwell77

I'm 19. In Nebraska 19 is the age for everything pretty much. They won't sign the car over to me. They're threatening to take my clothes to donation. It's 25 degrees outside and I ha e a paid of Socks. A thin black tank top. And a pair of sweat pants. Then a small sweatshirt. I'm freezing.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I'm 19. In Nebraska 19 is the age for everything pretty much. They won't sign the car over to me. They're threatening to take my clothes to donation. It's 25 degrees outside and I ha e a paid of Socks. A thin black tank top. And a pair of sweat pants. Then a small sweatshirt. I'm freezing.
Go to the police and report what happened. They cannot just "throw you out." You should easily be able to retrieve your clothing (with the help of the police.) The other stuff...well that's not so easy, as you have no proof you own it. You would need to pursue civil remedies for that (ie: court.)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">