• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Family Problems

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

frankieg2991

Massachusetts

During the summer of 2008, my cousin and I agreed that I would sell an item to him for $250.00 in installments of $50 per week but after the first payment, he refused to pay any more nor did he make any attempt to reply to any calls or emails. Now, we adjusted the agreement that since he owed me $200, I would accept an item that we both agreed upon. He did not show up to the meeting that we set to give me the item. Do I have any ground to sue and if so, what could I sue for? Also, is there any way to make him pay more since it's been over a year I have been waiting and contacting him with no reply?? Thanks and need advise ASAPWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

JETX

Do I have any ground to sue
Yes. Called 'breach of contract'.

and if so, what could I sue for? Also, is there any way to make him pay more since it's been over a year I have been waiting and contacting him with no reply??
No. You can sue for your actual damages, which is $200 (based on your post). You could ask the court to include pre-judgment interest from the date of breach to your judgment, but that would be up to the court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">