• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Father refusing to hand over savings bonds in my name.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Skausage

Kentucky - Parents live in
North Carolina - I live in

Hi,
I'm a 20 year old Junior in college and I'm having an altercation with my father about approx. $3,000-4,000 worth of savings bonds. These savings bonds are in my name and my father has been holding them in a secure spot for me. I'm a college student and I have to pay for school using student loans. This year my parents refused to co-sign a loan for me so in order to pay for school I'm going to need to use my savings bonds. I told my father to send them to me but he is refusing. He argues that because my mother co-signed a student loan for me already that he is justified in holding on to my savings bonds. I want to know what legal actions I should take in order to get my savings bonds back so I can finish school! :mad:

justalayman

well, talking didn;t seem to help so, if you are willing, small claims would be your next step.

just be aware your parents have no legal obligation to provide a home for you anymore.

you would sue them in the county which they reside.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">