• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Favor 4 Friend, Now Need $$

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Gapeach311

What is the name of your state? Georgia

I got a rental van for my friend under my name as a favor to him b/c he didn't have a credit card. After much effort, I got the van back, but he still owes me $620. I want to take this to small claims court. I have a witness that can say he asked me to do rent the van for him and needs to pay me the difference. I have a receipt showing partial payment. My main concern is that the rental car was in my name. Also, I'm not sure what location I would go to small claims court. I only have one permanent address for him which is in another state. I have an address of his business partner in GA but not the same county as me. He doesn't have a local perm. address.

Any Help Would Be Much Appreciated.
Thank You in Advance

Dandy Don

Did he return the rental van to the place where it was rented from?

If you don't have anything in writing to prove that he took possession of the van or operated it, you are going to have a difficult time proving your case in court. He's going to claim that he never had anything to do with it and that you were the driver.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">