• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Few questions that I need help with please.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Avid514

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

First of all thank you for allowing me to be a member.

I need answers to a few questions.

I received a email from someone to the reply of my demand letter that was sent.

My first question is can someone who is not a lawyer say this?

The undersigned isa representative of miss ****, and has been retained to represent her interests in all matters with you.

My second question is I asked for this personal contact info. Telephone number, fax number and mailing address. (It was not included in the reply to my demand letter.) And this person only wishes for me to contact them by email. Only a email address was included.

This is the reply I got when I asked for the persons contact info. My question is this even legal?

"Send me your attorney's contact info and I will contact them. If it's counsel from Legal Aid, send me the office they are working out of as well.

If you have no attorney, kindly inform me where you are residing now and I will send a bailiff over with proper paperwork for you. You can then copy my contact information from the back of the court filings."

My last question is this person has threatened me by saying they would file a police report of Theft if I don't return something back to the one she's representing in 48 hours by mail. Even though I have an email from the person who's being represented saying they don't want that specific item back and for me to just disregard it.

Is this legal to threaten someone in this way?

Thanks for the help.

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess

The undersigned isa representative of miss ****, and has been retained to represent her interests in all matters with you.

My second question is I asked for this personal contact info. Telephone number, fax number and mailing address. (It was not included in the reply to my demand letter.) And this person only wishes for me to contact them by email. Only a email address was included.

This is the reply I got when I asked for the persons contact info. My question is this even legal?

"Send me your attorney's contact info and I will contact them. If it's counsel from Legal Aid, send me the office they are working out of as well.

If you have no attorney, kindly inform me where you are residing now and I will send a bailiff over with proper paperwork for you. You can then copy my contact information from the back of the court filings."

My last question is this person has threatened me by saying they would file a police report of Theft if I don't return something back to the one she's representing in 48 hours by mail. Even though I have an email from the person who's being represented saying they don't want that specific item back and for me to just disregard it.

Thanks for the help.
Please tell us your US state.

LdiJ

Thanks for the help.
My advice is to completely ignore this. Attorneys absolutely do not operate this way. Somebody is trying to scam you.

quincy

... I received a email from someone to the reply of my demand letter that was sent.

Is this legal to threaten someone in this way? ...
Based strictly on what you have posted, I see nothing illegal.

If you are struggling with a legal matter, seeking out personal assistance from a lawyer local to you can be a good idea.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">