• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fighting Back a JUDGEMENT!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DezVienna

New York.

Hello All,

I have a judgement against me, from an apartment I had five years ago. I guess these people took it to court, and I was unaware, never receiving a court summons, and now my wages are being garnished by a Marshall.

I want to take this back to court, being I didn't have a fair fight. I know I owe them, but not as much as they're mentioning. What can I do?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
New York.

Hello All,

I have a judgement against me, from an apartment I had five years ago. I guess these people took it to court, and I was unaware, never receiving a court summons, and now my wages are being garnished by a Marshall.

I want to take this back to court, being I didn't have a fair fight. I know I owe them, but not as much as they're mentioning. What can I do?
After 5 years? Nothing - but you COULD pay the amount in full to stop the garnishment.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">