• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Filing against a Company vs Individuals

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

msjaeg

What is the name of your state? FL

What is the difference between filing a small claims case against a company vs an individual? I am having difficulty serving the individual because all I have is the company address. He is the president of the company and it is a small company. Is it harder to collect a judgement against a small company?

seniorjudge

msjaeg said:
What is the name of your state? FL

What is the difference between filing a small claims case against a company vs an individual? I am having difficulty serving the individual because all I have is the company address. He is the president of the company and it is a small company. Is it harder to collect a judgement against a small company?

File against the company and the individuals.

Justice For All

If you do not know the name of the president, try going to the county clerk to get his name. You can also try emailling a complaint form with BBB (Better Business Bureau). Sometimes they will have the answer for you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">