• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

filing against employer and contractor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fullymooned

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OH

I used to work for an employer who had picked up a project from another contractor. That contracting firm is been a jack ass and will not pay, so my employer cannot pay me either.

Can I take both my employer and that contracting firm to court for wages and compensation? What kind of compensation am I looking at besides the wages owed to me.

Thank you.

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OH

I used to work for an employer who had picked up a project from another contractor. That contracting firm is been a jack ass and will not pay, so my employer cannot pay me either.

Can I take both my employer and that contracting firm to court for wages and compensation? What kind of compensation am I looking at besides the wages owed to me.

Thank you.
**A: no, you deal with your employer. Contact your state DOL.

fullymooned

lets say I file against both emplooyer and sub contractor and then go on to lose. Will I have to pay for their travel and legal expenses too?

Also cant I file against both showing it as some sort of conspiracy to not pay me where both are involved and have worked together to not pay me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">