• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Filing in another state

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cat530

What is the name of your state? Indiana

I purchased used software on eBay that was described as authentic and could be re-registered, but when received was unusable. This purchased was for $425. I have all correspondence from the seller and the original distributor which explains the seller misrepresented the item. I have a few questions about my options:

1. I live in Indiana, and the seller in Virginia. Can I file a small claims suit against this seller? 2. In which state do I file?
3. If in Virginia, can I hire a lawyer to handle it all (filing, appearing in court, etc)
4. Can I sue for Lawyer fees too?
5. Can I add cost of travel if I have to appear myself?
6. Can I add time as it took me several days to track down the reason the software would not work. (Needs an update code that the seller did not tell me it needed)

I am trying to get a refund thru other means, but want to know my legal options if necessary.

Thank you,
Catrina Terry

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">